Colour changes in fish to either very light or very dark coloration indicate that something is wrong, and that the fish is ‘stressed’. This doesn’t mean they need a vacation from work, it means that something is wrong with their environment that is causing them to become ill. If you notice large colour changes in your fish, test your water and look for other signs of disease, and act appropriately.
Articles in this section
- What is the nitrogen cycle?
- How do I safely clean a glass aquarium before setting it up?
- Should I rinse the gravel before adding it to the aquarium?
- I see a hard, whitish build-up on the glass and equipment. What is it and how do I remove it?
- When can I add fish to my new aquarium?
- What types of fish should I add to my aquarium?
- My water is cloudy. How can I clear the water?
- My water is green!?
- My water has a very bad smell to it. How can I eliminate the smell?
- Why should I test the water in my aquarium?