Once the water has been dechlorinated, the aquarium has been brought up to proper temperature, and all of the equipment is running properly, allow your aquarium to run for at least 48 hours before adding your first fish. Some fish do better than others in a new aquarium, your Big Al's sales representative will be more than happy to assist you in choosing your first fish.
Articles in this section
- What is the nitrogen cycle?
- How do I safely clean a glass aquarium before setting it up?
- Should I rinse the gravel before adding it to the aquarium?
- I see a hard, whitish build-up on the glass and equipment. What is it and how do I remove it?
- When can I add fish to my new aquarium?
- What types of fish should I add to my aquarium?
- My water is cloudy. How can I clear the water?
- My water is green!?
- My water has a very bad smell to it. How can I eliminate the smell?
- Why should I test the water in my aquarium?